Online Birth Registration
This online birth registration service provides a secure and easy way to register your child with the BC Vital Statistics Agency.
You will also have the option to:
- Apply for your baby's first birth certificate
- Enrol your baby in the Medical Services Plan for B.C. Residents
- Apply for Canada Child Benefits
- Apply for your baby's Social Insurance Number
The time required to register a birth and issue birth certificates is on average 3 to 4 weeks.
Only children under the age of one can be registered using this online birth registration service. For children over the age of one, please contact customer service at:
- 250-952-2681 (Victoria and outside BC) or
- Toll Free at 1-888-876-1633 (within BC).