Online Birth Registration
This online birth registration service provides a secure and easy way to register your child with the BC Vital Statistics Agency.
You will also have the option to:
- Apply for your baby's first birth certificate
- Canada Post is advising there may be a service disruption after July 2nd. If you are concerned about receiving your certificate by a specific date, you may want to consider requesting courier delivery.
- Enrol your baby in the Medical Services Plan for B.C. Residents
- Apply for Canada Child Benefits
- Apply for your baby's Social Insurance Number
Only children under the age of one can be registered using this online birth registration service. For children over the age of one, please contact customer service at:
- 250-952-2681 (Victoria and outside BC) or
- Toll Free at 1-888-876-1633 (within BC).