- The date and time of the child's birth.
- The child's first, middle (if applicable), and last names.
- The name of the hospital or other location in B.C. where the birth took place.
- The birth mother's maiden surname and Personal Health Number
- The father/parent's information if they are to be included on the registration.
- A credit card if you want to apply for a birth certificate when you register your child (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, VISA Debit or Debit Mastercard). Birth Certificates are $27.00 each.
While completing this online birth registration you will have the option to apply for the following services for the child:
- Birth Certificate(s).
- Canada Child Benefits. (Requires Mother's SIN)
- Medical Services Plan.
- Social Insurance Number.
Use the and buttons to move from screen to screen.
A birth registration must be completed in one session as it cannot be saved on your computer. If you stop typing for longer than 60 minutes, your birth registration will be cancelled automatically and all information entered will be erased.
The Information on this form is collected under the authority of the Vital Statistics Act (RSBC 1996, c.479). The information provided will be used to fulfill the requirements of the Vital Statistics Act for the registration and release of birth information. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact a Vital Statistics Service Representative at 250 952-2681, or write to the mailing address given below.
PO BOX 9657, STN PROV GOVT